Tell me more about your latest book.
“In The Beginning there was God, Me & You 2” is the continuation of our true love story. Book 1 told how God brought us together and this humorous follow up reveals our first 7-married years together.
What is your genre?
Our genre is Christian Romance / Marriage / Relationships.
Is there anything you find challenging in your writing?
I will write a chapter based upon memory and inspired by God. Bartee will come along and change the chapter. I’ll be like “Hey, where did that come from?” He’ll be like “That’s the way it really happened!”
What motivated you to become an author?
Bartee says: “My wife writes books, so what choice did I have?”
There were three times in my life when I attempted suicide. Counseling, medication, and love from Our Father God saved me.
During my healing, God led me to write my first book. After God led Bartee to find me, I was inspired to write our love story as a testimony. Bartee contributed to my story, Ladero Press published it and our first book was done!
What brought you to write this book?
After the success of the first one, we realized the second book was needed. It encourages single and married couples with humor, truth, the ugliness of a relationship and faith.
How many books have you written so far?
1. Last Week, I Wanted To Die
2. Evolution of Da Queen Bee
3. I’m a contributing author in the Daily Dose series by Melanie Bonita,
4. I’m a contributing author in Finding Joy in the Journey2 with Vernessa Blackwell.
5. I’m a contributing author in Everybody Needs a Little TLC by Tawawn Lowe and I write a monthly inspirational article in the national publication, Triumphant Magazine.
6. My newest anthology “Fired Up” with Rebecca Vijay will be released in December.
7. During the pandemic, I produced an audiobook series with 50 other people. Confinement Chronicles has been published as an anthology and will soon be released.
8. I’m currently working on my first children’s book series.
9. Bartee is currently working on his memoir, as well!
What book or books had a strong influence on you and your writing?
My inspiration for writing has come from The Lord. I even find it challenging to write a speech or sermon without focus, fasting, and prayer.
Bartee says: “None, I don’t read a lot of books. I just tell the truth. It’s easy, anybody can do it!”
How hard is it to establish in your genre?
Not sure how to answer that. We write the truth, inspired by the Lord.
Where do you love to write?
I love writing on my computer.
Bartee likes to dictate to me, so I can write for him.
Where do you get your ideas from?
Bartee says: “I get my ideas from my life lessons”
Please visit www.LaderoPress.com and ask our publisher for additional info. We are out of town preparing for a funeral and I don’t have access to everything.