There are so many ways to read books. You can get eBooks, audio books, hardback, and paperback. I know reader friends who prefer to have digital books, others who prefer listening to audio books, or a few who have shelves of hardbacks and paperbacks.
Format #1: eBook
- A lot cheaper to buy than physical books.
- You can carry hundreds of books with you.
- They can be picked up and read wherever you are.
- Read them in a car, on a boat, or an airplane!
- If you don’t have a bookmark handy, you don’t lose your place
- You can make notes on the pages without writing in the book
- You look at a screen instead of a pretty book cover.
- You can’t put them on your shelf.
- It will be on your Kindle forever and unread
- If you want to lend it to someone, DON’t
Format #2: Paperback
- Easy to carry around
- They look great on a bookshelf
- It’s nice to hold a book in your hands
- They’re a lot cheaper to buy than hardbacks
- You can’t carry loads of them around at once.
- Hardback covers are a lot nicer than paperback ones
- They don’t lie flat.
Format #3: Audiobook
- It’s cool to get a story read to you.
- Some narrator’s voices brings the book to life and make it more interesting
- Like eBooks, you don’t lose your place
- It gives you something really interesting to listen to when not at home
- They’re VERY expensive.
- You can’t read at your own pace
- They’re hard to share.
Format #4: Hardback
- When you take the dust jacket to see what’s underneath,it’s BEAUTIFUL
- They lie flat, which means you can lie them down to read them.
- Really hard to travel with
- They’re expensive to buy